Monday, August 25, 2014

Merry, Merry in August

Here's the final card that the Christmas card-making group will be making on Saturday. It uses a technique that we learned at the #InspireCreateShare2014 Stampin' Up convention called "reverse rock and roll." First I stamped in Wild Wasabi. Then I used a dauber and dabbed Real Red around the word. It's so easy and so cool. Take a look.

(Stamp Set: Seasonally Scattered; Inks: Wild Wasabi, Real Red; Card Stock: Wild Wasabi, Real Red, Whisper White; Accessories: Angled Top Label Punch, Wild Wasabi Seam Binding,Whisper White Baker's Twine, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Frosted Sequins, All Is Calm Snowflake Embellishment)
I snipped the end of the tag to mirror the ribbon end--mainly so it would fit on the card. Since this is the prototype, I've learned, that I'll make the tag just a smidge smaller and have them stamp closer to the punched end. That way they can angle the tag on the Real Red panel, which is the way I originally envisioned the card.

I really love the All Is Calm Snowflake Embellishments and I like the way this one hangs off the Wild Wasabi ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment