Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Who Made This Mess?

I've had a whirlwind of activity in the last month or so. First, I was in a frenzy making my swap cards for the #InspireCreateShare2014 Stampin' Up! convention. After convention, I brought home loads and loads of supplies, stamp sets, and swap cards. I just dumped everything on the floor of my stamping room. Convention was wonderful, as usual, but it was exhausting (as usual) and I just couldn't bring myself to organize. 

Then, at the last minute, I got invited to a "Christmas in July" direct sales open house, so I had to get together a quick make-and-take project and some of my already made items to sell. I just worked around the mess on my desk and on the floor.

Then, I had to pull together a project for the Creation Station blog hop--and ALL my blog entries for two weeks (the week leading up to vacation and the week of vacation). Yikes! After all that, it looks like a tornado hit my stamping room. See for yourselves. Here's my desk.


And here's the floor. (Wait. Is that a new box of Stampin' Up! goodies on the floor, unopened?! Why yes, it is! It's some of the supplies for my upcoming Christmas card stamp-a-stack classes.)

I feel like Molly on the old kids' show "The Big Comfy Couch," when she said, "Who made this mess? {giggle} Oh yeah, I did." So, Just like Molly, I cleaned my room and now I feel so much better.




Today's creation is another card that I made at the Unwind pre-convention event, hosted by Lydia Fielder. This is a clean and simple card using the Hearts and Stars Decorative Mask using daubers to apply the ink. I had to do some "doctoring" cuz I messed up the top of the Whisper White panel--but no fear--I just added a Real Red panel and then mounted it all on a Basic Gray card base. Still CAS, but with a little more oomph.


(Stamp Set: #hello; Inks: Basic Black, Basic Gray, Real Red; Card Stock: Basic Gray, Real Red, Whisper White; Accessories: Hearts and Stars Decorative Mask)


No comments:

Post a Comment