Wednesday, September 10, 2014

That'll Teach Me To Stamp in a White Blouse!

Disaster struck as I was making my card for this week's Fab Friday sketch challenge. I mounted my clear mount stamp on the block, tapped it into some Cherry Cobbler ink, turned it to stamp onto the Typeset DSP panel, and the stamp fell off the block onto my white blouse. Oy. I sprayed it with some Stampin' Mist which spread the stain. So I grabbed some Stazon Remover and ran to the sink. I rinsed and scrubbed and used Stazon Remover and a laundry stain stick and I think I've gotten it down to a dull pink that might not be too noticeable. That'll teach me!

Then when I came back to the stamping room, I saw that when I'd chucked the stamp, it had landed on the panel that I was attempting to stamp on. Really??!! Out with the Gorgeous Grunge...the "eraser" of all stray marks. I grunged up my panel with Cherry Cobbler and Basic Gray stamped off twice before applying to the main image.

Here's the wonderful sketch from Fab Friday.



And here's the disaster-causing card I made. I think everything turned out in the end. (I just hope my blouse turns out OK in the end, too!)
(Stamp Sets: Timeless Talk, Gorgeous Grunge; Inks: Cherry Cobbler, Basic Gray; Card Stock: Basic Gray, Cherry Cobbler; DSP: Typeset; Accessories: Very Vanilla Seam Binding)

1 comment:

  1. Well done turning an oops into an awesome card! The grunge-y panels works so well! I'm glad I'm not the only one who makes a mess with Cherry Cobbler....I always end up looking like I'm gushing blood because I get it all over my hands! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete