Sunday, September 7, 2014

Creation Station: Alphabets and Tags, Oh My!


 
Welcome back to Creation Station! This time we're featuring Alphabet sets and tags. As I don't own any alphabet sets, I've had to improvise. The "What's Your Type?" set makes letters, so I thought this would be a great opportunity to get really creative! This is Creation Station, after all!

My BFF made some cute 3x3 cards and matching box at a her annual Sale-a-Bration stamp camp. I thought I could make some little love notes to stick in my kids' lunch bags and backpacks so they know I'm thinking about them. They're 15 now, so I have to make sure that I don't embarrass them too much. (I always say: If you're not embarrassing your kids, you're doing it wrong!)

First a quick tutorial on making the box.

Start with a 6x6 piece of card stock. Using your Envelope Punch Board, line the left side of your card stock at the 2-3/4 mark, punch and score. Without rotating, line the left side of your card stock at the 3-1/4 mark, punch and score. Now you can rotate the card stock a quarter turn to the left (counterclockwise). Line  line the left side of your card stock at the 2-3/4 mark, punch and score. Without rotating, line the left side of your card stock at the 3-1/4 mark, punch and score. Do this twice more. You can round all four corners now.

Next, you need to snip out the diamond-shaped piece at the punch junctions. Snip away the piece I've outlined with white lines. Do this at all 4 junctions.


Here's what your scored and punched and snipped piece should look like when you've rounded the corners.





Next, fold along the score lines and then adhere two sides together just at the point where they overlap. I used a glue dot--you can use sticky strip or Mono-Multi Adhesive.

 

Apply sticky strip (or Mono-Multi Adhesive) to the bottom flap.





Finally, fold the bottom flap up and adhere.




That's the basic box. I added a belly band to the box. Here's how: Cut an 8x1-1/2 strip of card stock (I used Whisper White) and score it at 3-1/4, 3-3/4, 7, and 7-1/2. I used two of the half circle stamps from the "What's My Type?" set to decorate the belly band.

I made one love note box for my 15-year-old son and one for his twin sister. Here's the finished box for my son. The colors are Basic Gray and Lost Lagoon.

(Stamp Set: What's Your Type?; Card Stock: Basic Gray, Whisper White; Inks: Lost Lagoon, Basic Gray; Accessories: Envelope Punch Board, Lost Lagoon Stitched Satin Ribbon, Basic Gray Bakers Twine, Neutrals Designer Buttons)


Here are the cards that go inside. I made the love notes by cutting 3 pieces of 6x3 card stock, scored at the 3-inch mark. You can make the box and all 3 cards with only two sheets of card stock!

(Stamp Set: What's Your Type?; Card Stock: Whisper White; Inks: Lost Lagoon, Basic Gray; Accessories: Lost Lagoon Stitched Satin Ribbon, Basic Gray Bakers Twine, Basic Rhinestones)
 Here are the cards and envelopes inside the box:

(Stamp Set: What's Your Type?; Card Stock: Basic Gray, Whisper White; Inks: Lost Lagoon, Basic Gray; Accessories: Envelope Punch Board, Lost Lagoon Stitched Satin Ribbon, Basic Gray Bakers Twine, Neutrals Designer Buttons)
I also made a set for my daughter in Melon Mambo and Tangelo Twist:

(Stamp Set: What's Your Type?; Card Stock: Melon Mambo, Whisper White; Inks: Tangelo Twist, Melon Mambo; Accessories: Envelope Punch Board, Tangelo Twist Stitched Satin Ribbon, Whisper White Bakers Twine, Neutrals Designer Buttons)
 Here are the cards:

(Stamp Set: What's Your Type?; Card Stock: Melon Mambo, Whisper White; Inks: Tangelo Twist, Melon Mambo; Accessories: Tangelo Twist Stitched Satin Ribbon, Melon Mambo Cotton Ribbon, Basic Rhinestones)
 And the box with the cards and envelopes inside:

(Stamp Set: What's Your Type?; Card Stock: Melon Mambo, Whisper White; Inks: Tangelo Twist, Melon Mambo; Accessories: Envelope Punch Board, Tangelo Twist Stitched Satin Ribbon, Whisper White Bakers Twine, Neutrals Designer Buttons)
You can continue hopping around the blog by using the next and back buttons below. Next up is the fabulous Sara Levin. I know you'll love her projects. Thanks for joining us for the Creation Station blog hop!

http://theartfulinker.com/alphabets-tags-and-stampingsunday/
 


    1 comment:

    1. Thanks for the tips on making the box for the cards. Very pretty. Thanks for sharing.

      ReplyDelete