Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Natural Christmas

Sometimes when I'm creating I have a spark of inspiration and I just go with it. Other times, I'm kinda of throwing things together and hoping for the best. 

The card I made for this week's Paper Craft Crew Challenge took on a life of its own. I stared at the sketch for a long time. I looked at the design team's cards. Everything I came up with looked too much like I was just copying someone else's work. I was kind of stumped for a while...and when I'm stumped, I just start working and see what happens.

Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch 121 #cardsketch #stampinup #papercraftcrew

I started with a Crumb Cake card base. When I stamped some Early Espresso splotches from the  Gorgeous Grunge set onto the Crumb Cake card base, I was a little nervous. I thought the card would just be too plain...but I kept going. I decided to use the Window Frames Framelits with some paper piercing. I used Early Espresso as the mat and pierced it and Naturals as the focal point. I was really hoping that adding a couple of punched trees from the Festival of Trees set would pull everything together.

When I started putting all the elements together--including a strip of DSP from the Under the Tree pack, I was amazed! I added a sentiment and some punch gold stars and, oh my goodness!! The card turned out beautifully (if I do say so myself, and I do). IMHO it's real WOW! What do you think?


(Stamp Sets: Festival of Trees, Teeny Tiny Wishes; Inks: Garden Green, Early Espresso; Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Natural Ivory; DSP: Under The Tree; Gold Foil Specialty Paper; Accessories: Window Frames Framelits Collection, Festive Piercing Pack, Tree Punch, Itty Bitty Accent Punches, Banner from Circle Card Framelit)

1 comment:

  1. Wow indeed Kathy! Such a beautiful card ad love those shiny gold stars and the lovely window frames you have used! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Craft Crew this week ;-)

    ReplyDelete