Thursday, April 9, 2015

Fresh Blooms

I've been in a Calypso Coral mood this week. Do you ever get in a "color mood"? Sometimes I just fall in love with a color and use it again and again.

When I saw the sketch at this week's Freshly Made Sketch Challenge, I immediately thought of using Calypso Coral Chevron Ribbon for the horizontal element. I wasn't sure what image I was going to use, but I knew my layout right away.


I started with a Whisper White card base and added a Calypso Coral mat that I embossed with the Stylish Stripes embossing folder. I cut a 3"x4" piece of Whisper White and then I cut a 3-1/8"x4-1/8" piece of Crisp Cantaloupe 2013-15 In Color Designer Series Paper as a mat. I wrapped a length of Calypso Coral Chevron Ribbon around the elements.

Now, what image was I going to use? I haven't used the "Bloom for You" stamp in a while, so I stamped two in Calypso Coral (what else?) and punched them with the matching Fun Flowers punch. I adhered them to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. Finally, I stamped one of my favorite sentiments from the "Six-Sided Sampler" set on the corner of the Whisper White element.


Product List

2 comments:

  1. Your monochromatic look is so pretty. And I love the mix of different patterns you've used. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a Calypso Coral week!! Such a pretty color and used beautifully here. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete