Friday, April 3, 2015

Hi, I Heart You

I'm playing along in a new sketch challenge this week--not only is it new to me, but it's only the third challenge ever! I found about the Crooked Stamper's Sketch Challenge on my stamping hero, Lydia Fiedler's blog, Understand Blue. You should check out both of these blogs because there is some awesome artwork there. I'm always inspired!!



I punched a 2-1/2" Circle on a Crumb Cake panel. I backed the empty space with Typeset Specialty Designer Series Paper. Then I adhered this all to a Basic Black card base.

What better set to use with the Typeset Specialty DSP than the "Tap Tap Tap" set. I love that old-fashioned typewriter! I stamped the typewriter in Early Espresso onto a Very Vanilla scrap and then fussy cut it with my Paper Snips. I mounted the typewriter onto the DSP so that it looks like it's popping out of the circle.

I saw a little red heart on my desk--there are always extra "card parts" lying around--and thought it would be a cute element. Unfortunately, it was from a now-retired Sale-A-Bration set. But I remembered that "Pictogram Punches" has a little heart and it's even more adorbs than the SAB set!! I stamped it in Real Red onto a Very Vanilla scrap and punched it with one of the punches from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack. I attached the heart with a Stampin' Dimensional.

Finally, I stamped the "I Heart You" sentiment from the "And Many More" set onto a Very Vanilla strip and punched the end with the banner punch. I made another banner in Real Red and mounted the two together. Cute, huh?





Product List
133519s
[133519]
$12.95

1 comment:

  1. Why yes, it's VERY cute! That print DSP behind your circle is truly inspired, and perfect! Thanks for playing my CSSC challenge!

    *waves to Lydia*

    ReplyDelete