Thursday, June 18, 2015

Delightful Butterflies

#stampinup   This week's Addicted to Clean and Simple (ATCAS) codeword is "butterfly." Butterflies are really popular in the design world and they show up everywhere. When the "Papillon Potpourri" stamp set first appeared in the Stampin' Up catalog several years ago, I snatched it right up--along with the coordinating Elegant Butterfly and Bitty Butterfly punches!! Needless to say, I was pretty excited to see the ATCAS codeword!



Right away, I knew I wanted to use Delightful Dijon cardstock. I love to make "yellow" and black butterflies--they remind me of Monarchs, which I really love. I stamped one large butterfly in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Delightful Dijon and three smaller butterflies. I punched the butterflies out with their matching punches.

I used a Basic Black card base and added a Delightful Dijon mat. On top of that I added a Whisper White panel that I'd embossed with the Honeycomb Embossing Folder. I gave each butterfly a little fold in the middle so they look like they're about to take flight off the card, and attached each with a Glue Dot. 

I stamped the sentiment from the "Six-Sided Sampler" onto a Delightful Dijon scrap and punched it with the Large Oval Punch. I snipped off one side of the oval and attached it to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.


Product List
103683s
[103683]
$5.25

2 comments:

  1. lovely card, great embossing folder, thanks for playing along with this week's ATCAS Challenge, Rebecca x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These lovely butterflies look right at home on the honeycomb background, Kathy! Thanks for sharing with us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete