Friday, September 16, 2016

Christmas Do-Over

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Way back in July, I played along in a Fab Friday color challenge. The colors were perfect for Christmas in July:  Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Very Vanilla. I had intended to make a Christmas card, but it just didn't end up that way. You can see the card I ended up with here--and it was chosen as one of the Fab Four! Yay me!

I always intended to take a Mulligan on this card. I waited for the Stampin' Up holiday catalog came out so I could use a new stamp set. I'm so glad I waited, because I really love my Christmas in July Do-Over card!!

I started by stamping the dots from the "Kinda Eclectic" stamp set in Garden Green onto a Very Vanilla panel.  Then I stamped the starburst image from the same set in Cherry Cobbler. I added a sentiment from the awesome "Tin of Tags" set to the bottom of the panel. I adhered this onto a Garden Green mat and then onto a Cherry Cobbler card base.

Next, I stamped a tree from the "Peaceful Pines" stamp set in Garden Green onto a Very Vanilla scrap and cut it out with the coordinating Perfect Pines Framelit. I adhered this to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.

For the finishing touch, I added three gold sequins from the Gold Sequin Trim, using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen. Ah! That's better. I'm liking this card so much better as a Christmas card than a not-quite Christmas card!



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment