Wednesday, December 21, 2016

So Many Reasons To Be Thankful

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   As Thanksgiving leads into the Christmas season and into the new year, there are so many opportunities to express thankfulness.  We should all take time to count our many blessings (name them one by one).  If we took more time to be grateful for what we do have--instead of focusing on what we don't have--we'd be much happier. 

There are several things in my life that worry me, that weigh on my mind, that cause me to wonder, "Why me?" But when I get down to really thinking about what I do have, I can see that even my hardships can be blessings.  If you never experience the valleys, you won't have anything to compare when you reach the mountain tops.  All in all, I'm quite content with my life.  My faith helps me to see the blessing in every situation.  I am learning how to be content in every circumstance (Phil. 4:10-12).  And I'm learning to be grateful for every blessing.

I've recently been blessed with some "surprise" orders through my Stampin' Up website.  I've received orders from people I don't know in Washington, Nevada, and Florida.  I can't tell you how thrilled I am to receive orders--out of the blue.  I'm sure social media is helping with that, but it's nice to make new friends through a hobby that I love to share!

I wanted to thank my new customers for their orders and what better way than through a hand-made card?!  That's what our hobby is all about!  I wanted to use the "One Big Meaning" stamp set in a new way, so I perused Pinterest and found this amazing card from Rachel Tessman.  My layout is exactly the same, but I switched up the colors a bit.

I started with a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White mat and stamped the followers from the "Swirly Bird" stamp set in Mint Macaron.  I added the splotches from the same set in Dapper Denim.  I've gotta tell you:  I'm a little obsessed with this color combination.  I cut a piece of Blushing Bride Glimmer paper with the Swirly Scribbles Framelits and adhered this to the card with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.  I adhered this piece to an Dapper Denim mat (3-7/8" by 5-1/8") and then onto a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base.

Next, I stamped the sentiment from the "One Big Meaning"stamp set onto a 1" strip of Whisper White Card Stock in Dapper Denim.  I flagged the end with the Banner Triple punch.  I tied a length of  Dapper Denim Ruched Ribbon to the end of the flag before adhering it to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I sent three of these cards to my new stampin' friends to thank them for their orders.  I'm so blessed to have new stamping friends!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment