Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Fabulous Friend


 
#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #fabfriday   Today's card is brought to you by the Fab Friday sketch challenge. When pondering the sketch, I thought the bunch of flowers from the "Awesomely Artistic" set would be perfect! I haven't used this set nearly enough, which is crazy, because I love all the elements in it!
I started by stamping the flowers in Basic Gray Archival Ink onto a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Shimmery White Card Stock. I used this card stock because it's great for using Blender Pens. It holds up better than regular card stock when you color with Blender Pens or Aqua Painters. I squeezed a bit of ink into the lids of Berry Burst, Fresh Fig, Powder Pink, and Tranquil Tide Ink Pads and used a Blender Pen to color the image.  I didn't like how "flat" the piece was, so I went over the flowers with Clear Wink of Stella. Here's a close up view so you can see the shimmer.

Next, I used the largest two framelits from the Layering Circles Framelits to cut a Fresh Fig Card Stock frame for the flowers. I adhered this to the card with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen. I adhered the Shimmery White panel to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Fresh Fig Card Stock mat and then onto a Berry Burst Card Stock card base.

I stamped the vintage frame from the "Awesomely Artistic" set in Tranquil Tide onto a Whisper White scrap and then "friend" in the center.  I fussy cut this element with my Paper Snips, tussled some Fresh Fig 1/8" Sheer Ribbon, and adhered it to the back. I adhered the element to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

For a sparkly finishing touch, I added three Berry Burst Enamel Dots--I love those things!! Right now, I'm hoarding them, but I'm going to add some to my next order so I can feel free to use them more often!











Product List
Blender Pens
[102845]
$12.00

4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty image made even prettier by your coloring and the wink of stella. Your ribbon treatment is a nice touch as well! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so pretty - great coloring on those flowers! Wink of Stella is the perfect touch, too! And that touch of ribbon is a wonderful detail behind the sentiment! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Love the shimmery look to your flower image and your ribbon is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy - gorgeous card! The Wink of Stella really adds a special touch here. Love the colors you've chosen. Thanks for playing along with this FabFriday sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete