Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Tabby Cat Birthday

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I haven't played with my "Foxy Friends" and Fox Builder Punch nearly enough. I really love this set and all the cute animals you can make with it. (Make sure you come back to my blog for the August Creation Station blog hop on Sunday August 6 to see another adorable creature you can make with the Fox Builder Punch.)
Since I had my stack of Wood Textures Designer Series Paper out, I thought it would be fun to use as a background with the tree stump that's one of the stamps in this set. So, I adhered a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Wood Textures DSP to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" piece of Very Vanilla Card Stock and then onto an Early Espresso Card Stock Card base. I stamped a sentiment from the "Birthday Delivery" stamp set in Early Espresso Ink right on the DSP.

Next, I stamped the cat in Peekaboo Peach onto Very Vanilla Card Stock and punched out the pieces with the Fox Builder Punch.  Stampin' Up's Andrea Withers shares a great tip for stamping the pieces so that they fit into the punch perfectly.  You can watch it here.



Once I built my kitty's face, I stamped his eyes, nose, mouth, and whiskers--there's one stamp for that!--in Early Espresso.  I stamped the tree stump in Early Espresso onto Very Vanilla and fussy cut it with my Paper Snips. I also stamped the heart quotation box (is that what it's called?) in Early Espresso onto Very Vanilla and fussy cut that as well. 

I adhered most of the pieces directly to the card. The cat's head and the quotation box are adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I think this would be a fun birthday card for a man, or a teenaged boy, or even a small boy.












Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment