Friday, November 3, 2017

Happy Elf

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I think the little elf stamp in the "Festive Phrases" stamp set is adorable.  I missed him the first several times I flipped through the Holiday Catalog, but once I saw him, I was in love. I actually like all four stamps in this set. They're big and bold and they make great focal points for a card--which makes cardmaking quick and easy. And you know I'm all about quick and easy!





Here's how easy it is to pull this card together. First, I stamped the elf in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a Whisper White scrap. I used Real Red, Old Olive, So Saffron, Soft Suede Stampin' Write Markers to color him and then I muted and blended the colors with an Aqua Painter. I cut this out with one of the Layering Circles Framelits and adhered it to a larger Real Red scalloped circle that I also cut out with the Layering Circles.


Next, I adhered a 3-7/8" by 1-1/2" piece of Old Olive dotted Merry Little Christmas Designer Series Paper to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" piece of black and white checked Merry Little Christmas DSP. I wrapped a length of Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon around this before adhering everything to a Real Red Card Stock card base.


To finish the card, I adhered the elf circle to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals and plopped on three Black Basic Rhinestones. I tied a length of Real Red Tinsel around the Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon for the final festive touch.


















Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment