Thursday, November 9, 2017

Dragonfly Thanks

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   This is the last of the swap cards I made for Stampin' Up's OnStage event in Salt Lake City.  I made this card for a black and white card swap.  Our challenge was to use only black and white. Sounds easy, doesn't it? Well, I always want to add a pop of color, but not this time. What do you think?





I started with a 3-4/4" by 5" piece of Whisper White Card Stock. I used the Detailed Dragon Thinlits to cut out the dragonfly. I set him aside, and then adhered the remaining piece to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" piece of Basic Black Card Stock.  I wrapped a length of Basic Black Shimmer ribbon around these pieces before adhering them to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base.


Then I took the cut-out dragon fly and adhered him to the card with a few strategically place Glue Dots. I pulled up his wings a little, to show some movement.


To finish the card, I stamped "thank you" from the "Rose Wonder" stamp set in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a Whisper White scrap. I punched this out with the Pretty Label Punch and adhered it to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.


This card is pretty in black and white and so easy to make. I made a stack of 16 in no time! Can't wait to see what I get in exhange!!









Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment