Monday, December 3, 2018

Dashing Christmas Deer

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   One of my favorite new Christmas stamp sets in the Holiday Catalog is the "Dashing Deer" set. I really love the deer silhouettes and I especially love the brocade pattern on the largest deer. I used this set when I designed one of the cards we made at my Christmas card making classes, but I like to get multiple uses out of stamp sets. I hadn't come up with a design yet--though I'd stamped about a dozen of the deer in Gray Granite. And then I came across this lovely card by Jenn Picard in the Fancy Friday blog hop and I made one of my own!

I started with a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Cherry Cobbler mat. I adhered a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of wood grain Festive Farmhouse Designer Series Paper. I cut a 2" strip of the plaid Cherry Cobbler DSP sheet and a 1-1/2" strip of the starred Gray Granite DSP sheet and flagged both with the Banner Triple Punch. I adhered these to the card. I cut a scalloped Vellum Cardstock circle using one of the Layering Circles Framelits and adhered this to the card. I wrapped a length of Silver Metallic-Edge Ribbon around these pieces and then adhered everything to a Gray Granite Card Stock card base.

I stamped the deer in Gray Granite Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock and cut him out with the matching Detailed Deer Thinlit. I adhered him to the card with a combination of Mini and regular Stampin' Dimensionals. 

I stamped the "Merry Christmas" sentiment from the "At Home with You" stamp set in Cherry Cobbler Ink onto a Whisper White scrap and punched it out with the Classic Label Punch. I snipped off the end to be even with the edge of the DSP and adhered it to the card with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals. 

To finish the card, I added some Frosted Epoxy Droplets. I loved Jenn's card and I love the way mine turned out, too!












Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment