Monday, December 3, 2018

Sweet Snowman Christmas


#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #fabfriday   I've been busy lately with my Christmas card making classes and trying to finish my own cards. I feel like I'm a little bit ahead of the game this year, but let's not jinx it. There's still plenty of time for me to procrastinate and not get the cards done, written, and mailed. We always receive one card practically on the first of December. I don't know how they do that. Maybe they spend Thanksgiving addressing cards! What's the earliest you've ever gotten your cards in the mail? I feel like, if they're postmarked December 24th, they're on time!


I design 12 different cards for my Christmas card making classes, and I make extras of those to send out. But I also like to design a few other cards. I send almost 100 cards and I like to have a variety. I get bored if I'm making too many of the same kind. Not that I mind making duplicates. There's something soothing about the assembly line process.

Anyway, I saw the current Fab Friday challenge and decided to play along. I've got a TON of the Santa's Workshop Specialty Designer Series Paper that I need to use up and I thought this sketch would be perfect. Here's what I came up with.

I started by cutting a piece of the Santa's Workshop Specialty DSP with an oval Stitched Shapes Framelit. Next, I cut a scalloped oval from the center of the 5-1/8" by 3-7/8" Poppy Parade Card Stock mat. I cut a smaller scalloped oval from the center of the larger oval--you can cut both pieces at the same time! I adhered the DSP to the larger Poppy Parade oval.

I ran a 3-3/4" by 5" Garden Green Card Stock panel through the Big Shot with the Subtle Embossing Folder. I adhered this to the Poppy Parade mat. I cut a 2" x 5" strip of the striped sheet of the Santa's Workshop Specialty DSP, flagged the end with the Banner Triple Punch, and adhered this to the Garden Green panel. I wrapped a length of Whisper White Classic Weave Ribbon around this and then adhered everything to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base.

I stamped a sentiment from the "Mistletoe Season" stamp set in Garden Green Ink onto a Whisper White Card Stock scrap. I cut this out with a small oval from the Stitched Shapes Ovals Framelits and adhered it to a Poppy Parade scalloped oval. 

I adhered the two oval pieces to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. I adhered the smaller oval on top of the DSP image to cover a "stray" snowman printed on the DSP. To finish the card, I added a few Santa's Workshop Enamel Shapes.

If you're a procrasta-stamper, you still have time to order supplies to make cards...but you'll need to hurry to get everything in time. Contact me today!

 

Product List

1 comment:

  1. So cute - love that little snowman and elf scene! Such fun details - love those little enamel shapes, too! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete