Monday, January 28, 2019

I Got Distracted

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations  Hello there! I know I've been a little sporadic with my blogging lately. That's because it's cold and when I get home from work I just want to curl up under my comforter and watch TV. I've also started to knit, rather obsessively. It all started when I saw an ad on Facebook for a cute knit hat that's open on the top for a ponytail. I thought I could knit that pretty easily--even though I haven't knitted anything for years. Well, I found a quick and easy pattern (you'll see that "quick and easy" is my theme for all crafting) and got to work. I made two ponytail hats as Christmas gifts. My daughter has really short hair, so she needed a different hat--so I knit one for her. And her twin brother couldn't be left out, so I knit one for him, too. Here are all the hats that I made as Christmas gifts.



Once I started knitting, I couldn't stop! I knit a really pretty infinity scarf for my daughter and now I'm in the process of make her a capelet with a hood! Oh! And I started a yearlong project where I'm knitting one row of an afghan every day. The color is chosen by the high temperature of the day. Obviously, it's a work in progress, but here is what January in Maryland has looked like so far.


I'm afraid this new obsession will be creeping into my stamping time--since I can do it while watching TV and snuggled on my bed. But, never fear, I'll still be stamping and sharing several times a week!

This week I've got four quick and easy cards made with the Classic Garage Suite of products from the Occasions catalog.  I love this suite because it reminds me of my dad and all his "grease-monkey" (his term) friends. It reminds me of that time, when I was about 4, and I discovered a puddle of motor oil and saw that shiny liquid rainbow reflecting the cars driving by on the highway. I thought it was a portal into another universe and I stared at it for a long, long time. I can still remember it!

This series of cards uses one of my favorite color combinations--black, white, and red--with a little gray and silver thrown in! Take a look!

I used the Garage Gears Thinlits to cut the gears from a Silver Foil Sheet. The medallion--both the Whisper White and Basic Black parts--was cut with two other thinlits from this set. The sentiment is from the "Geared Up Garage" stamp set and it's stamped in Memento Tuxedo black.

I arranged all these pieces on a 3-3/4" by 5" Real Red Card Stock panel. Then I adhered everything to a 4" by 5-1/5" Whisper White mat and then onto a Smoky Slate Card Stock card base. 

You can get the Garage Gears Thinlits and the "Geared Up Garage" stamp set in a bundle (150610)--and save 10% off the price of purchasing them separately. Add a Classic Garage Card Stock Pack (148483) and you'll be set to make some awesome cards AND you will have earned enough to get yourself a FREE Sale-a-Bration item!

Come back the rest of this week for some more quick and easy and awesome cars made with the Classic Garage Suite!

 
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment