Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Sweet Frog

#stampinup   #saleabration2019   #faithfulinkspirations   I have to be honest with you: when I first saw the "So Hoppy Together" stamp set in the Sale-a-Bration catalog, I wasn't that thrilled with it. It was cute and all, but then I kept seeing some really wonderful samples on Pinterest and SplitcoastStampers and it grew on me. And the fact that you can earn it for FREE with a qualifying purchase during Sale-a-Bration, well, that tipped the scales! Look at this cute guy!

I stamped the frog image with Stazon Jet Black Ink onto Shimmery White Card Stock. I used my Aqua Painter to pick up Call Me Clover and Lemon Lime Twist Inks to color in the frog. (I do need a bit of watercoloring practice!) I colored the unicycle parts with an Aqua Painter and Smoky Slate Ink. When everything was dry, I cut out the frog with an oval Stitched Shapes Framelit. 

I stamped a sentiment in Color Me Clover Ink and added a single fly by using a Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker to color directly on the stamp. I cut this piece out with a small oval from the Stitched Shapes Framelits. I cut coordinating scalloped ovals from the center of the 4" by 5-1/4" Basic Black Card Stock mat.

I embossed a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Call Me Clover panel with the Petal Burst Embossing Folder. I added a 1-1/4" by 3-7/8" strip of Black and White checked Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper that you can also get for FREE with a qualifying purchase during Sale-a-Bration. I wrapped a length of Black/Silver Striped Metallic Ribbon around these pieces before adhering them to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise.

Finally, I adhered the frog and sentiment pieces to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals and added a few Clear Rhinestone Basic Jewels for a little bit of bling.



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment