Friday, August 4, 2017

A Christmas Prototype

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Can you believe it's August already? I reserved Fridays in July to share Christmas cards--but I have so many to share that I'm going to keep the Christmas Fridays going through August, too!  Today's card is a prototype of one that we'll be making at one of my four Christmas card making classes in August, September, October, and November. I'm going to change this design up a little for my class, but this is the general idea!
I stamped the "Peace on Earth" sentiment from the "Carols of Christmas" stamp in Soft Suede onto a  piece Whisper White Card Stock. After I stamped the sentiment, I cut it out with a square Stitched Shapes Framelit and adhered it to a scalloped square of Soft Suede Card Stock that I cut with one of the Layering Squares Framelits.

Next, I ran a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Whisper White Card Stock through the Big Shot with the Softly Falling Embossing Folder. I adhered this to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" piece of Soft Suede Card Stock. I wrapped a length of Powder Pink Shimmer Ribbon around these pieces before adhering them to a Powder Pink Card Stock card base.

I cut the sweet, tiny deer from the Card Front Builder Thinlits Dies that coordinate with the "Carols of Christmas" set. In fact, you can purchase these two items in a bundle and save 10% over purchasing each of them separately. The two items are from the Holiday catalog that goes "live" on September 1, 2017--but you can buy this bundle NOW! Ask me how!

I added the sentiment piece to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. And added the deer with a Glue Dot.

PROTIP: I actually cut the scalloped square AND the reindeer out of the Soft Suede mat. Lookie here!!


If you'd like to join in on my Christmas card making sessions, all the info is on the tab at the top of this blog. If you're not local to Ellicott City, MD, and want a long distance option, contact me and we can work something out!













Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment