Thursday, August 17, 2017

Christmas Deer

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I used some of the delicious Whole Lot of Lovely Designer Seris Paper on a card a while back and I had a strip of it lying in my scrap pile. I wondered whether it would work on a Christmas card, so I got out some Christmas-y supplies and some non-traditional Christmas colors and went to work.


The deer in the "Merry Mistletoe" stamps set is totes adorbs and I thought it would look great as a cameo. I stamped him in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a Very Vanilla scrap and cut it out with a Layering Ovals Die.

Next, I cut the Whole Lot of Lovely DSP strip to about 2" by 5-1/8" and adhered it to a 2-1/4" by 5-1/8" piece of Tangerine Tango Card Stock.  Then I used the Card Front Builder Thinlits to make the frame at the top of a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Pear Pizzazz Card Stock. I stamped the sentiment from "Merry Mistletoe" in Basic Black Archival Ink on the bottom corner of the Pear Pizzazz piece.

To finish the card, I added a length of Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon to the DSP piece before adhering it to the Pear Pizzazz piece. I added this to a Basic Black Card Stock card base. Finally, I adhered the deer cameo to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.

So what do you think? Non-traditional Christmas colors? I like it. I think it's really retro.




Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment