Friday, August 11, 2017

A Sweet Santa

#stampinup #faithfulinkspirations   I'm always happy when a favorite stamp set carries over from one catalog to the next. The "Cookie Cutter Christmas" set is so sweet and I love the fact that there's a matching punch, too! The characters in this set are so fun!

When planning for my Christmas card-making classes, I realized that although we'd used this set last year, we didn't use the cute little Santa. I had to rectify that oversight this year! So I stamped Santa in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a Whisper White scrap and colored him with Cherry Cobbler and Basic Black Stampin' Write Markers. I didn't like how stark the Cherry Cobbler coloring turned out, so I used a slightly wet Aqua Painter to remove and blend the ink. Wow! I really like how that turned out! When he was dry, I punched out Santa and his pompom with the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch.

Next, I cut a 2" by 5" strip of Whisper White Card Stock and flagged the end with the Banner Triple Punch. I stamped "Merry Christmas" from the "Teeny Tiny Wishes" set in Garden Green.

To build the card, I started with a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Be Merry Designer Series Paper. I adhered this to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" piece of Whisper White Card Stock. Then, I added a 3" by 2" strip of another sheet of the Be Merry DSP and adhered everything to a Cherry Cobbler Card Stock card base.

To finish the card, I tied a length of Cherry Cobbler Double-Stitched Ribbon to the top of the banner and then adhered the banner to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. I added Santa to the card with Dimensionals as well. Isn't he just the sweetest??!!  














Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

1 comment:

  1. this is soooo adorable! I have the stamp set and the DSP so I will for sure be Caseing your terrific design! TFS!

    ReplyDelete