Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Hello Friend

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   You know Stampin' Up is right on trend when you see advertisements using their colors. My card today features a dark wood panel from the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper and the colors of Lemon Lime Twist and Whisper White. Hmm, what other company is using those colors for their current ad campaign?

I love the "Wood Words" stamp set--it's rustic, it's eclectic, it's modern! My card is also inspired by one made by Val Moody in the UK (who is also one of the Creation Station design team members). And it was quick and easy, too! (Quick and easy must be my stamping motto!)

I started by stamping the floral stamp from "Wood Words" diagonally across the bottom of a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise.  Next, I added a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of the darkest wood from the Wood Textures DSP stack.

I stamped a Real Red heart onto a Whisper White scrap and cut it out with a circle Stitched Shapes Framelit. I adhered this to an Early Espresso Card Stock scalloped circle that I cut with one of the Layering Circles Framelits. Then, I stamped the "hello friend" sentiment in Early Espresso onto another scrap of Whisper White and fussy cut it with my Paper Snips and adhered it to the heart circle. I adhered this assembled piece directly to the Wood Textures DSP. Easy-peasy!












Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment