Monday, August 7, 2017

Lemon Lime Icy Treats

#stampinup #faithfulinkspirations   Here in Maryland, one of our favorite summertime treats (besides crabs) is the sweet, icy confection that we call Snoballs. Yes, I have spelled that correctly! Snoball stands pop up all over the place in the summer and the lines are long on hot days. These treats really hit the spot on our hot and humid summer days.

Today's card reminds me of those yummy treats--well, the lemon lime color, anyway! I saw a similar card on Pinterest and added my own twist to it.


I started by stamping two of the treats from the "Cool Treats" stamp set in Lemon Lime Twist Ink. The sticks are stamped in Crumb Cake Ink. I used the matching Frozen Treats Framelits to cut out the treat with the bite and I used my Paper Snips to fussy cut the other treat.

Next, I cut a circle of Whisper White Card Stock with a Stitched Shapes Framelit. I stamped the sentiment using two of the words from the "Tabs for Everything" set in Night of Navy. I adhered this to a scalloped Night of Navy circle that I cut with one of the Layering Circles Framelits.  I adhered the frozen treats to the Circle with Stampin' Dimensionals and added three Night of Navy Enamel Shapes stars.

I adhered a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Naturally Eclectic Designer Series Paper to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/4" Night of Navy mat. I adhered a tiny strip of Emerald Envy trimmed from this piece of Naturally Eclectic DSP (reverse side) and added a length of Lemon Lime Twist Ombre Ribbon before adhering everything to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base.

I added the circle element to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. I think this is the perfect card for a summer birthday!!













Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment