Tuesday, August 8, 2017

A Sweet Surprise

#stampinup #faithfulinkspirations   I've gotta admit: I did not love the Birthday Memories Suite when I first saw it. I thought the images were too childish. But it grew on me and grew on me and now I really do love this suite of products. The images remind me of my youth. The little girl featured on today's card reminds me of the Campbell's Soup kids!

I started by stamping the girl and gift from the "Birthday Delivery" stamp set onto a strip of Whisper White Card Stock in Basic Gray Archival Ink. I got out my Watercolor Pencils and used the top part of the strip as a pallet. I laid down a thick scribble of each of these colors: Melon Mambo, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, and Pacific Point. I used an Aqua Painter to color in the images.




After I finished coloring, I used the matching Birthday Friends Framelits to cut out both the girl and gift. I used an oval framelit from the Stitched Shapes collection to cut a piece of Whisper White Card Stock.  I stamped "Surprise!" from the "Birthday Delivery" set in Pacific Point onto a 1" strip of Whisper White Card Stock and flagged the end with the Banner Triple Punch. PROTIP: I always flag the end of my banners first, so I know just where to place the sentiment!

Here's how I built my card. I adhered a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Birthday Memories Designer Series Paper to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" piece of Calypso Coral Card Stock. I wrapped a length of Daffodil Delight Double-Stitched Ribbon around this before adhering it to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise and turned sideways.  I curled the end of the banner to give it some "motion" and adhered it directly to the card. Next, I used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the oval background piece to the card. I adhered the girl to the oval and the gift to the girl with Stampin' Dimensionals, too. I added a Daffodil Delight Enamel Shape to the gift for a little extra fun.












Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment