Thursday, August 10, 2017

Berry Flowers

#stampinup #faithfulinkspirations   There are so many elements in the Color Theory Suite of products and I'm always experimenting with different ways to use everything. I had been seeing some cool cards on Pinterest with big scallops and I wondered how they were made until one day I actually looked at all the elements in the Seasonal Layers Thinlits set and saw the thinlit that creates these scallops. Doh!

Today's card is a quick and colorful way to let someone know you're thinking about them.  I started by stamping one of he flowers from the "Colorful Seasons" stamp set in Berry Burst onto Whisper White Card Stock scraps. All the flowers are in Berry Burst--generations of Berry Burst. To do that, simply keep stamping without reinking! I thought that nicely mimicked the paint chip look of the Color Theory Designer Series Paper I used.


I cut a 5" strip of the Color Theory DSP and then cut a scalloped edge using one of the Seasonal Layers Thinlits (now that I've figured that part out).  I adhered it to a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Whisper White Card Stock. I stamped a sentiment from the "Colorful Seasons" stamp set in Basic Black Archival Ink and then adhered the piece to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" piece of Basic Black Card Stock.  I wrapped a length of the yummy Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon around this piece before adhering it to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base.

Next, I used the matching Seasonal Layers thinlit to cut out the flowers. I adhered each to the card with one Stampin' Dimensional. Simple and pretty!












Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment