Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Christmas Card Making Challenge: Day Thirty

And so we've come to the end of November and the end of Martin Stone's #30DayChristmasCardMakingChallenge. It's been a fun--and I'm not kidding--challenging month. I've really enjoyed working hard to meet the challenges and the deadlines. I'm pleased to say that I'm 29/30--I only missed one day. I'm pretty impressed with myself.

Our final challenge is "Wreathed in Joy" and the obvious choice for this challenge is Stampin' Up's "Cottage Wreaths" stamp set. 
I started by layering a 3-3/4" by 4" piece of Painted Christmas Designer Series Paper onto a 4" by 5-1/4" Soft Succulent Festive Foil Specialty DSP. PROTIP: I used one of the Country Wreaths Dies to cut a wreath out of the center of this for later use. Then I adhered everything to an Evening Evergreen Card Stock card base.

I used a large square Stylish Shapes Die to cut a Basic White piece and then cut a just-larger square of gold Festive Foils Specialty DSP. PROTIP: I cut the gold wreath from this and saved it for later use. I adhered the Basic White square directly to the gold foil square and then used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere this to the card front.

I used Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere the reserved Soft Succulent and gold foil wreaths to the Basic White Square. 

I stamped the "Merry Christmas" sentiment from the "Cottage Wreaths" set in Versamark onto a Basic White scrap, sprinkled on gold Stampin' Emboss Powder, and set it with my Heat Tool. I cut this down to size using my Paper Snips. I cut a few Evening Evergreen leaves with the Country Wreaths Dies and adhered these to the back of the sentiment piece before adhering it to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

To finish the card, I made a triple bow with gold Simply Elegant Trim and adhered it to the card with a Mini Glue Dot and then I added four gold Festive Pearls.

Thank you @MartinsMayhem for an enjoyable, challenging, and creative month. You rock!!











Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment