Monday, November 7, 2022

Christmas Card Challenge: Day 7

Sometimes when I set out to create, I get an idea and I just pour everything into it. All the inks, all the techniques, all the everything. And when I'm finished I'm not sure if it's a hot mess or a work of genius.

Today's card for Martin Stone's #30DayChristmasCardMakingChallenge is just that kind of creation. Is it genius or a hot mess? I was aiming to create a "Winter Sunset" for Day Seven of the challenge. So I'll put it out there and let you decide.

I used a Blending Brush to swirl on Fresh Freesia, Calypso Coral, So Saffron, Rich Razzleberry, and Orchid Oasis Inks at the top of a Thick Basic White Card Stock panel. I applied Soft Succulent Ink with a Blending Brush to the bottom of the mat.

Next, I dripped Clear Wink of Stella onto a Sponge Dauber and spread it across the sky portion of the mat...this allowed the ink to the streak across the card stock and lifted some of the color.

I stamped the trees from the "Trees for Sale" stamp set in Versamark Ink, sprinkled on Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder, and set it with my Heat Tool. I used the Blending Brush that I'd used with the Soft Succulent Ink--without reinking--to add a bit of color to these trees. Then, I stamped some more trees, just offset from the first bunch, in Versamark, sprinkled on White Stampin' Emboss Powder, and set it with my Heat Tool. I was going for a shadow-depth effect.

Next, I stamped a greeting from the "Christmas to Remember" set in Merry Merlot Ink.

And then, because I was using all the things, I poured Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder across the top half of the card and set it with the Heat Tool. I wanted a wintery, icy shine to the sky.

I adhered the stamped mat to a Rich Razzleberry Card Stock panel and then onto an Evening Evergreen Card Stock card base. 

How do you think a did? Genius or hot mess?



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment