Saturday, November 26, 2022

Christmas Card Challenge: Day Twenty-Six

There's hardly anything more magical than watching embossing powder set and start to shine. New stampers are amazed when it happens--and more seasoned stampers still get a little thrill when that powder melts and turns into a perfect shine! For today's challenge--"Christmas Lights"--I decided to add some lights to the beautiful trees on one of the sheets of the Storybook Gnomes Designer Series Paper.

I cut a piece of this DSP to 4" by 5-1/4" and then I used Versamark Ink to stamp the string of lights from the "Christmas Lights" stamp set over each row of trees. I sprinkled on Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder and set the lights with my Heat Tool. I adhered this piece to a 4-1/8" by 5-3/8" Mint Macaron Card Stock mat and then onto a Shaded Spruce Card Stock Card Base.

Next I stamped the tree from the "Christmas Lights" set in Versamark onto Very Vanilla Card Stock. I again embossed this in gold and cut it out with the matching Twinkling Lights Die. I stamped and embossed the "Merry Christmas" sentiment from the "Brightest Glow" stamp set onto Very Vanilla Card Stock and cut it out with one of the Labels Aglow Dies.

I wrapped a length of gold Simply Elegant Trim around my fingers and adhered it to the back of the label, making a "nest." I adhered the label and Christmas tree to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. To finish the card, I added three gold Festive Pearls.

Such a pretty card with all the gold embossing--and that DSP sheet is simply gorgeous!!










Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment