Sunday, November 27, 2022

Christmas Card Challenge: Day Twenty-Seven

Yikes! It's another out-of-my-comfort-zone color challenge. Well, I might have put these colors together for a fall card, but not for a Christmas card. Then I I hit upon an idea: the "Perched in a Tree" stamp set and matching Aspen Tree Dies might make for a nice Wintry scene and the stamp set includes the perfect sentiment.

So after a bit of trial and error with coloring the bird, I did manage to come up with a card that I really like!

I stamped the bird in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto Very Vanilla Card Stock. (Eventually, I found that using Stampin' Blends was my best bet for coloring so) I colored the bird with Petal Pink and Crumb Cake Stampin' Blends. I cut him out with the matching die from the Aspen Tree Dies.

I stamped the branch in Early Espresso Ink onto Early Espresso Card Stock and used the matching Aspen Tree Die to cut it out. 

I cut a 3-3/4" by 5" Petal Pink Card Stock panel, stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso Ink on one corner, and embossed it with the Leaf Fall 3D embossing folder. I used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere this to a 4" by 5-1/4" Early Espresso Card Stock mat and then adhered it directly to a Cajun Craze Card Stock Card base.

I adhered the branch directly to the card front and used Stampin' Dimensionals to perch the bird onto the branch. I finished the card with three gold Festive Pearls.

Honestly, I really like this color combo and I think I'll try it again in the future.










Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment