Saturday, November 12, 2022

Christmas Card Challenge: Day Twelve

I love a Christmas card with a vintage feel, don't you? That's why I was excited to see the Martin Stone's Day Twelve challenge is called "Christmas Past." I knew I wanted to use the Merry Melody 3D Embossing Folder because something about that says "vintage" to me. Once I'd embossed that layer, the rest of the card came about pretty quickly.

I wrapped a length of Gold & Vanilla Satin Edged Ribbon around the 4" by 5-1/4" embossed Crumb Cake Card Stock panel and then adhered the panel to a Crumb Cake card base. Next, I stamped a sentiment from the "Framed & Festive" stamp set in Versamark Ink onto Very Vanilla Card Stock, sprinkled on gold Stampin' Emboss Powder, and set it with my Heat Tool. I cut this out with one of the Framed Florets Dies. I used another of the Framed Florets Dies--as well as the first one--to cut out two sets of frames from gold Brushed Metallic Card Stock. I adhered the Very Vanilla label directly to the card front with Stampin' Seal, I adhered the larger gold frame with Multipurpose Liquid Glue, and then used the same glue to adhere the final frame.

I stamped two holly leaves from the "Christmas Season" stamp set in Evening Evergreen Ink onto Very Vanilla Card Stock and cut them out with the matching Seasonal Labels Die. I also cut two leaves from gold Brushed Metallic Card Stock using the Framed Florets Dies.

I used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the holly leaves and Mini Glue Dots to adhere the gold leaves to the card. Then I tied a pretty bow from the Gold & Vanilla Satin Edged Ribbon and used a Mini Glue Dot to adhere that.

To finish the card, I adhered five gold Festive Pearls. They're my favorite!!









Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment