Sunday, November 20, 2022

Christmas Card Challenge: Day Twenty

I really pulled out the stops when creating today's card for Day Twenty of Martin Stone's 30 Day Christmas Card Making Challenge. He's challenged us to create a card that sparkles and shines. I knew I'd use gold embossing and I tried an interesting technique to make the card sparkle and shine.

I started by stamping images from the "Christmas Season" stamp set in Soft Sea Foam and Soft Suede (stamped-off-once) Inks onto a 4" by 5-1/4" Basic White Panel. I adhered this to a 4-1/8" by 5-3/8" Soft Suede Card Stock mat. Then I went a little bit wild.

I used a Stampin' Spritzer to spray water--yep, plain water--onto the card. I sprinkled Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder all over and then flicked the back to remove the excess powder onto a scrap piece of paper so I could put it back into the jar. Then I used my Heat Tool to emboss the gold spattering. How cool is that?! I adhered this to a Soft Sea Foam Card Stock card base.

I masked one of the "Framed & Festive" sentiments and inked just the "peace & joy" portion with Versamark Ink and stamped it onto Basic White. I also inked the "from all of us" sentiment in Versamark and stamped it right below the first line. I sprinkled on more Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder and set it with the Heat Tool. Then I used one of the Seasonal Labels Dies to cut it out. I adhered it to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I love the Soft Sea Foam Seam Binding Ribbon--it has just the right amount of shimmer and shine. I tied a double bow and adhered it to the card with a Mini Glue Dot. I finished the card with three shiny gold Festive Pearls. I really love how this card turned out!!






Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment