Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Christmas Card Challenge: Day Fifteen

My absolute favorite ribbon currently available from Stampin' Up is the Gold & Vanilla Satin Edged Ribbon. Not only is it beautiful (as are all Stampin' Up embellishments), but it's soft and supple and ties up into the most gorgeous bows. So, of course, I had to feature this ribbon for today's challenge: "Finished in a Bow!"

This card uses a not-specifically-for-Christmas stamp set...one that I really love: "Forever Fern." I used "traditional" Christmas colors and Designer Series Paper, et voila, the card is now ready for Christmas!


I embossed a 4" by 5-1/4" Basic White Card Stock panel with the Fern 3D Embossing Folder and then added a 2" by 4" strip of Boughs of Holly DSP. I wrapped a length of Gold & Vanilla Satin Edged Ribbon around this and then adhered everything to a Cherry Cobbler Card Stock Card Base.

I cut an Evening Evergreen Card Stock rectangle using one of the Stitched Rectangles Dies and a Basic White rectangle using a one-size-smaller die. I stamped "Merry Christmas" from the "Peaceful Deer" stamp set in Evening Evergreen Ink onto the bottom of the Basic White rectangle. I also stamped a spray of greenery from the "Forever Fern" set in Pear Pizzazz Ink. I adhered this directly to the Evening Evergreen rectangle and then adhered the assembled piece to the card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.

I stamped the buds/berries from the "Forever Fern" set in Cherry Cobbler Ink onto Basic White and cut it out with its matching Forever Flourishing Die. I adhered this over the Pear Pizzazz greenery using Stampin' Dimensionals.

To finish the card in a bow...I tied a pretty bow from the Gold & Vanilla Satin Edged Ribbon and adhered it to the card with a Mini Glue Dot. Then I added three gold Festive Pearls.

It was fun a taking non-traditional stamp set and turning it into a Christmas card.










Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment