Sunday, November 6, 2022

Christmas Card Challenge: Day Six

Yesterday was the conclusion of my annual Christmas card stamp-a-stacks. I hold sessions in August, September, October, and November. We made 12 cards at each session--4 each of 3 designs--and have 48 cards finished before Thanksgiving! It's a big undertaking, but my stampin' friends and I really enjoy it!

Fortunately (for me), several of these cards fill the bill for some of Martin Stone's #30DayChristmasCardMakingChallenge and today's is no exception! I am in love with the new Fitting Florets collection--I especially love the Fitting Florets Designer Series Paper and the sentiments in the "Framed & Festive" stamp set. This is a sneak peek at some products that will be available in the January-June mini catalog and you can get them ALL now. The DSP, the "Framed & Festive" stamp set, and the Gold Adhesive-Backed Swirls are only available while supplies last, so get them NOW before they're gone forever. (Use the thumbnails at the end of this post to go directly to my online store where you can make your purchase.)

Now back to the stamping! Here's the card I created for my class and that fits well with Day Six's "Something Green" theme.

I embossed a 4" by 5-1/4" Soft Succulent panel with the Whimsical Woodland 3D Folder. I adhered a 2" by 4" strip of the Fitting Florets DSP on top of that and wrapped a length of Gold & Vanilla Satin-Edged Ribbon around. I adhered this to a Soft Succulent Card Stock card base using Stampin' Dimensionals.

I stamped a sentiment from the "Framed & Festive" stamp set in Evening Evergreen onto Balmy Blue Card Stock. I worked quickly to apply Clear Embossing Power and set it with my Heat Tool--this makes the stamping shine so that it doesn't "disappear" into the card stock. I cut this out with one of the Framed Florets Dies. I used the same die to cut a frame from gold Brushed Metallic Card Stock.

I used another Framed Florets die to cut out the leafy sprig from Evening Evergreen Card Stock. After I adhered this to the card, I fussy cut a couple of flowers from the Fitting Florets DSP and adhered them to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

To finish the card, I added five Gold Adhesive-Backed Swirls.

This has been a fun challenge--a card a day. Let's see if I can keep up!!







Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment