Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Christmas Card Challenge: Day 9

The challenge for Day 9 of Martin Stone's 30 Day Christmas Card Making Challenge is a color combination--and it's one I don't think I'd ever have thought use together for a Christmas card. A birthday card? Maybe. A bridal or baby shower card? Maybe. But a Christmas card never would have crossed my mind. So this was actually a challenge for me! But I pressed on and came up with something suitable.

I knew that the Fitting Florets Designer Series Paper had some Polished Pink in it, so I found a couple of flowers that I could cut out with the matching Framed Florets Dies and one that I could fussy cut. Next, I stamped three bottles from the "Vintage Christmas" stamp set in Polished Pink, Blackberry Bliss, and Fresh Freesia onto Basic White Card Stock. I punched the larger bottle out with the Vintage Bottle Punch and fussy cut the two smaller bottles.

I used the Painted Texture 3D Embossing Folder to emboss a 4" by 5-1/4" piece of Fresh Freesia Card Stock. I adhered this to a Thick Basic White Card Stock card base. I used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the bottles and flowers to the card front.

Next, I stamped the sentiment from the "Vintage Christmas" set in Blackberry Bliss onto Basic White Card Stock and cut it out with one of the Stylish Shapes Dies. I adhered this to the card with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.

For a finishing touch, I added three Polished Pink In-Color Opal Rounds.

Well, the color combo was a challenge--but I like to get out of my comfort zone every once in a while. How about you?






Product List
Paper Snips
[103579]
$11.00

No comments:

Post a Comment