Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Christmas Card Challenge: Day Eight

Today's 
30 Day Christmas Card Making Challenge is "All Wrapped Up." I'm going to cheat a little and use a set of cards that I made for one of my own Christmas card making sessions. I'm pretending that because these cards have ribbon wrapped behind the sentiment pieces as well as a bow of gold cord that qualifies them for this challenge.

I used both the returning Painted Christmas and the new Boughs of Holly Designer Series Papers for these cards--all based on a design at the back of the July-December catalog.

Each card starts with a 4" by 5-1/4" piece of DSP which is adhered using Stampin' Dimensionals to either a Real Red or Evening Evergreen Card Stock card base. I stamped a sentiment from the "Christmas to Remember" stamp set in either Real Red or Evening Evergreen Ink onto Basic White Card Stock and cut the labels out with one of the Seasonal Labels Dies.

I applied some Seal Adhesive in the center of the DSP and zig-zagged either a Real Red or Garden Green Ribbon across. I then tied a big bow of gold Simply Elegant Trim and adhered that on top of the ribbon with a Mini Glue Dot. Next, I cut a quarter sheet of Evening Evergreen Card Stock with one of the Christmas Pinecones Dies and snipped off sprigs of greenery to adhere to the back of the sentiment piece. I adhered this to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

To finish the card, I used Mini Glue Dots to adhere one small and one large Gold Holly Leaf to the label and then three Red Rhinestone Basic Gems.


My stampers loved creating these cards and I hope you will, too!












Product List
Paper Snips
[103579]
$11.00

No comments:

Post a Comment