Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Christmas Card Challenge: Day Twenty-Two

Martin Stone is really kickin' my you-know with his color combinations for his 30 Day Christmas Card Making Challenge!! He's come up with some interesting combos--one's that I'd never choose myself, but that's what a creative challenge is all about, isn't it? Creating outside your own comfort zone. 

As I was contemplating this challenge, I saw my Stampin' friend Mikaela Titheridge's Instagram Reel where she posted a sped-up version of making the card she swapped at a recent Stampin' Up event. The colors were bold and bright (like today's challenge colors) and the layout was simple. I LOVE her card--and you can see it here (or better yet, follower her @thecraftyoinkpen). Mikaela inspired me to create this card for today's challenge.
I stamped the word "Jingle" from the "Jingle, Jingle, Jingle" stamp set in Parakeet Party onto a 4-5/8" by 3-1/2" Basic White Card Stock Panel that I'd embossed with the Stitched Whimsy Dies. I added an outline around "Jingle" in Tahitian Tide with the second of the two-step stamps. And I stamped "all the way" in Tahitian Tide as well. I added a Santa hat, some Tahitian Tide Christmas ornaments, and Daffodil Delight stars.

I adhered this piece to a 4-7/8" by 3-5/8" Daffodil Delight Card Stock mat and then adhered everything to a Tahitian Tide Card Stock card base using Stampin' Dimensionals. I finished the card by adding three Parakeet Party 2022-2024 In Color Mat Dots. 

My card isn't as awesome as Mikaela's, but it's pretty dang cute, if I do say so myself (and I do)!










Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment