Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A New Challenge!

I'm a member of a Yahoo group called "Late Night Stampers"--an appropriate name, if ever there was one! The members post their creations for all of us to ooh and aah over.  This morning, Diana Eichfeld posted a gorgeous card and I knew I wanted to CASE it right away! I went to Diana's blog, Stampin' Fun with Diana, and left her a comment on her card. (You should check it out and leave a comment, too!) Then I saw that she had created her card based on a new (to me) challenge group:  the Paper Craft Crew.

As luck would have it, I had to take the day off while the plumber replaced our water heater AND sump pump, so I had plenty of time to stamp today!! So I played along with the Paper Craft Crew! This week's challenge is a sketch: 

Card Sketch #85

I had an idea, but it took waaaaay longer to actually pull off than I thought it would. I used This & That DSP as my panel and thought it would go great with The Open Sea Stamp set, but I couldn't get the colors and proportions the way I wanted them. Once I got the colors and proportions right, I went looking for a stamp that fit. Backwards, am I. Fortunately, I was going for a "travel" feel and the hot air balloon from You're Amazing fits that theme! I sponged a little Smoky Slate onto the Pool Party piece that the balloon is stamped on to tone it down a bit. And I sponged a little pool party on the sentiment, too. For some reason, I'm compelled to flip up the ends of any banners I use. I had the Gumball Green banner down flat, but couldn't stand it. I had to flip up the ends! I finished off the design with three Jumbo Rhinestones.

(Stamp Sets: You're Amazing, Teeny Tiny Wishes; Inks: Basic Gray, Smoky Slate, Pool Party: Card Stock: Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray, Pool Party, DSP: This & That DSP; Gumball Green Core'Dinaton Specialty Paper; Accessories: Arrows Embossing Folder, Banners Framelits Dies, Jumbo Rhinestones)

7 comments:

  1. Wow Kathy, what a great card and take on our sketch in this weeks challenge. Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Craft Crew. Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Kathy, I love this set and all the colors are perfect (with a little bling for fun!) Thanks for the shout out, I'm glad you joined in on the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the masculine feel of this card! A great take on the Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch. Thanks for playing along and you have been selected to be a Featured Artisan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a Featured Artisan?! What an honor! Thanks so much!!

      Delete
    2. Yes... :) I guess I double posted.

      Delete
  4. Hi Kathy... Just another quick note! We are so glad that you found the Paper Craft Crew. We used to be the Stampin' Queen's then changed the name to avoid potential issues with Stampin' Up! We will be celebrating our 2nd anniversary in August! On that note... I wanted to let you know that your card was voted in the Top 4 and you will be a featured artisan with a photo of your card on our blog later this evening. We hope you play along again in the near future. There is also a blog badge you can grab and add to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am utterly in love with your projects, Kathy. I hope you had fun with that week's challenge. I guess you were pretty thankful to the plumber for coming by and giving you time to work on the project. I hope he got the water heater replaced correctly. Hopefully, you can now enjoy more projects like that one. All the best to you! :)

    Diana Miller @ Plumber Perth

    ReplyDelete