Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Quick & Easy Retro Birthday



This week's challenge over at Retro Sketches looked easy enough, but everything I came up with (in my head) was reminiscent of a previous card I made from a similar sketch. So I thought I'd challenge myself to come up with something out of my box by using one of my least favorite sheets from the Sweet Sorbet DSP.  Once I chose the striped DSP, it seemed to overwhelm the design, but I persevered and think I came up with something workable.  The design process stymied me for a bit, but once I got my design mojo on, the card was quick and easy to make. 




For my take on the sketch layered a panel of Crisp Cantaloupe onto the Smoky Gray card base.  I used the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch in Smoky Gray and Whisper White for the focus piece--I cut the tag to about a 2" by 2.5" piece--and stamped the birthday greeting from Petite Pairs in Pool Party. I tied a piece of Summer Starfruit Stitched Satin Ribbon around the tag. I was almost finished, but I thought the card still needed a little somethin'-somethin'. So I went through my basket of embellishments and found a Summer Starfruit Dahlia. Yep! That hit the spot!

(Stamp Set: Petite Pairs; Ink: Pool Party; Card Stock: Smoky Slate, Crisp Cantaloupe, Whisper White; DSP: Sweet Sorbet; Accessories: Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, Summer Starfruit Stitched Satin Ribbon, Summer Starfruit Dahlia)

No comments:

Post a Comment