Monday, March 10, 2014

Guest Artist Series: Look What Jane Made!

I'm kicking off a week of guest artist creations while I'm away on a business trip. I hope you enjoy the projects my friends have made!

One of my besties in all the world, Jane, asked me to help her make a crafty project as a gift for her niece, Phoebe, who is about to turn 13. Jane had purchased three frames and she wanted to put her niece's initials in the frames. Fortunately, my BFF Lynn had some leftover banner panels from the Build A Banner Simply Created Kit from the Stampin' Up Holiday Mini Catalog. (I sure hope they bring these banners back because they are really nice canvas--perfect for stenciling!!)

Phoebe's room is purple and turquoise, so we stencilled Perfect Plum and Island Indigo inks on the banners. I had some retired DSP in these colors that were perfect for the background. I think this project turned out wonderfully and I hope Phoebe likes her aunt's handiwork. Jane and I had a great time crafting together. We don't get to spend much quality time together since we're both running here and there with our families, but the evening we spent together was splendid!!



No comments:

Post a Comment