Friday, March 10, 2017

Manly Birthday

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   It was love at first sight when I saw the Urban Underground Specialty Designer Series Paper in the Occasions catalog.  I'm a sucker for black and white--Very Vanilla in this case--and for geometric designs.  It pairs so wonderfully with the Hexagons Embossing Folder, too.


This card is a "manly" card (but I like it, too).  I started by stamping one of the badges from the "Badges and Banners" stamp set in Versamark onto Very Vanilla.  Then I sprinkled on some Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder and set the image with my Heat Tool.  I did the same with the "No. 1" circle image.  I punched these out with the Best Badge and 1-3/8" Circle Punches.


Next, I embossed a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Very Vanilla Card Stock with the Hexagons Embossing Folder.  I love the deep image it makes--and it's reversible, so you can either have the embossed or the debossed side for the top of your card.  I used Fast Fuse Adhesive to adhere two 2" by 5" strips of the Urban Underground Specialty DSP to the embossed panel.  I find that Fast Fuse is best to use when adhering to embossed card stock.  I adhered the badge and the circle to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.


I adhered the Very Vanilla panel to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Delightful Dijon mat and then onto a Basic Black Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise.  On the inside of the card, I've adhered a Very Vanilla panel onto which I've stamped a birthday greeting (not shown).


We'll be making this card at my birthday card stamp-a-stack on March 25th.  I still have a few spots left, so please contact me if you'd like to join us!








Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$30.00

No comments:

Post a Comment