Thursday, March 9, 2017

Super Birthday

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Today's card is one of the cards we're going to make at my birthday card stamp-a-stack.  (Yes, I still have a few spots open.)  It's made with the "Birthday Blast" stamp set available in the Occasions catalog.  I like this set a lot because it's so fun--and can be used to make a great card to celebrate anyone's birthday.


I started by stamping the large image sideways in Island Indigo Ink onto a 3-7/8" by 5" Whisper White panel.  I stamped the image twice--once on the right and once on the left.  Next, I stamped the sentiment from the same set in Mint Macaron onto a 1-1/2" by 5" strip of Whisper White, after I flagged both ends with the Banner Triple Punch so I could see exactly how to place the image.


I cut a 2" by 5" strip of Blooms & Bliss Designer Series Paper and flagged the ends with the Banner Triple Punch.  I also punched a Mint Macaron Card Stock circle with the  2" Circle Punch.


Once I had all my card parts ready, I layered them on top of the large image:  first the DSP strip, then a Silver Metallic Foil Doily, then the Mint Macaron circle, and finally the sentiment strip.


I adhered the stamped piece to a 3-3/4" by 5-1/8" Island Indigo Card Stock mat and then onto a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base.


For a finishing touch, I added some Pool Party (Subtles) Enamel Shapes, because they're so cute!


Let me know if you want to come make this card--and three others!--at my March 25th stamp-a-stack!  I'd love to have you join us.  Contact me for details!




Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment