Sunday, March 4, 2018

Creation Station: Bird Is The Word

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #creationstation   Hey there! We're back with another round of the Creation Station blog hop. Our theme this month is "bird is the word." The last time we had a bird theme, I was hard pressed to find any stamps in my collection with a bird. But not this time! In fact, I have several to choose from.  It was a hard decision to make--so I choose two birds from two different sets!

First up is a quick card made with the "Bird Banter" stamp set and the Bubbles & Fizz Designer Series Paper that you can earn for FREE with a qualifying purchase during Sale-a-Bration. I love the colors in this DSP. They're fun and bright and make for a cute card. I have to admit that when I first sat down to create, I didn't have an ounce of inspiration--so I flipped through the Occasions catalog to see if there was a layout that I could CASE. Take a look at page 6 and you'll see the layout that inspired this card!
I started with a Bermuda Bay Card Stock card base and a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Bermuda Bay Bubbles & Fizz DSP. I used a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Whisper White mat to make the DSP stand out from the card base. I cut a 1" strip of another piece of this DSP and flagged the end with the Banner Triple Punch. I cut a 1" strip of Myths & Magic Glimmer Paper and flagged the end with the Banner Triple Punch. I adhered these to the card.

PROTIP: I find that it's really hard to get anything to stick to glimmer paper. I used Tear & Tape and that worked very well. Stampin' Dimensionals work well, too!

Next, I cut a circle of Whisper White Card Stock with one of the Stitched Shapes Framelits and a scalloped circle from the Myths & Magic Glimmer Paper with one of the Layering Circles Framelits. I stamped the sentiment from the "Bird Banter" set in Calypso Coral Ink onto the Whisper White Circle and used Tear & Tape to adhere it to the glimmer paper mat. I adhered this to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I stamped the bird in Basic Gray Archival Ink onto a Whisper White Card Stock scrap and colored him with Dark and Light Pink Pirouette Stampin' Blends. I gave him a punk rock 'do by coloring his crest with Light Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, and Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends. His beak is colored with a Light Calypso Coral Stampin' Blend. I fussy cut the bird with my Paper Snips and adhered him to the circle mat with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.

And because he didn't have enough bling, I added three Glitter Enamel Shapes to set off his plumage. So cute!!

My next project contains a bird, but it actually showcases a box-bag container that I've been hoping to try! It's so easy to do. First, start with a 4" by 4" piece of cardstock--I used Thick Whisper White--and score it on all sites at 1". Then snip as shown in the picture and add adhesive on the X tabs. I used Tear & Tape. Assemble your box bottom.


When you've assembled your box bottom, add a strip of Tear & Tape around the top of the box, but don't peel off the paper just yet. Set this piece aside.



For the bag portion of the box, I used the gorgeous Springtime Foils Designer Series Paper that you can earn for FREE with a qualifying purchase during Sale-a-Bration. I cut mine to 4-1/2" by 9". I used the Light Old Olive Stampin' Blend to color in the leaves. Adhere a strip of Tear & Tape to the back of one long side of the paper and to the back of one short side. Remove the Tear & Tape paper from both the box and your DSP. Starting at the back of your box, adhere the DSP all the way around and seal the seam.  I used the Gift Bag Punch Board to punch two holes at the top of the bag and threaded a length of Silver Metallic-Edge Ribbon through to tie the bag shut.
Here's how I made a tag to hang on the bag. First I stamped the bird from the "A Good Day" stamp set in Basic Gray Archival Ink onto a Whisper White scrap and colored him with Light and Dark Pool Party Stampin' Blends. I gave him a Light Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends stripe, feet, and beak. I cut this out with the smallest Layering Circles Framelit and adhered it to a scalloped Old Olive circle cut with the smallest scallop from the Layering Circles Framelits.

I cut a Vellum Card Stock Circle with another Layering Circle Framelit to serve as the base of my tag. I cut a Silver Foil wreath using a Swirly Scribbles Framelit and adhered it to the Vellum Card Stock circle. Next, I punched two Old Olive Card Stock leaves and a Vellum Card Stock leaf with the Leaf Punch and adhered these to the back of the bird medallion. I adhered this to the Silver Foil wreath. Finally, I stamped a sentiment from the "A Good Day" stamp set in Basic Gray Archival Ink onto a Whisper White scrap, cut it out with the little tag framelit from the Wood Crate Framelits, trimmed it, and tucked it under the bird medallion. I tied the tag to the bag with a length of Whisper White Baker's Twine.
I think this would make an adorable wedding favor, don't you?!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please use the "next" button below to continue on to the next member of our amazing design team. And don't forget to come back on the first Sunday in April for the next Creation Station blog hop!!










http://www.stampinup.net/blog/57716/entry/creation_station_march_blog_hop_bird_is_the_word


Product List


Product List
Leaf Punch
[144667]
$16.00

6 comments:

  1. Cute card and box in a bag Kathy! Love that you coordinated the glitter dots with the cockatoo plumage (or vice versa).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such adorable projects, Kathy! That little bag is ADORABLE!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love your box/bag. You've created such a pretty layered tag, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is really fun Kathy! Just love your bag, really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so nice projects, Kathy! I also like your way of explanation and giveing tipps. Kind regards, Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute creations, Kathy. I love a box-in-a-bag, and yours is just lovely. D xox

    ReplyDelete