Monday, November 26, 2018

Beachy Breath

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   When I attended the Stampin' Up OnStage Live event earlier this month, one of the presenters--I think it was CEO Sara Douglass--said that she doesn't want us to call ourselves "just hobby demonstrators." We are Stampin' Up demonstrators and we are valuable to the company. That was really nice to hear. 

I've always said that I'm "just" a hobby demonstrator, because TBH I joined for the discount. I was buying a lot of stuff and it seemed that I should take advantage of the no-strings attached bundle which is the starter kit ($125 in products for $99 with NO shipping or tax) and take advantage of the discount for as long as I was "just" a hobby demonstrator. Well, here it is 12 years later--and I'm still a member of the Stampin' Up family thanks to my fabulous friends/customers!

A while ago I started this little blog--mostly for my own enjoyment--but I was hoping to gain an online customer base. I also post to Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. I have had a bit of luck there, nothing huge, but always exciting when I get an online order from someone who has liked my creations on one of these social media sites!

But one of the best things that happened recently is that a friend of mine reached out via social media and asked to order some greeting cards! Not only did I get a sale--but I reconnected with my friend, who had moved away. What a wonderful gift this little not-a-hobby has been to me...in so many ways.

My friend wanted some cards using the "Just Breathe" sentiment from the "Colorful Seasons" stamp set. I was happy to oblige. Here's the first of four cards I made for her. (I'll share the others in the next days, so come on back!)

I used the "Waterfront" stamp set to create this cute little beach scene onto a Whisper White Card Stock circle that I cut with the largest circle in the Stitched Shapes Framelits collection. I used Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Granny Apple Green, Night of Navy, and Daffodil Delight Inks. I backed this with a Crumb Cake Card Stock scalloped circle that I cut with one of the Layering Circles Framelits. PROTIP: I cut the Crumb Cake Card Stock scalloped circle from the center of the Crumb Cake Card Stock mat.

Next, I stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy Ink onto a 3-3/4" by 5" Pool Party Card Stock panel and then embossed it with the Subtle Embossing Folder. I adhered this to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Crumb Cake Card Stock mat. I adhered the stamped circle element to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals and wrapped a length of Braided Linen Trim. And then I adhered everything to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise.

Come back tomorrow for another "just breathe" card!!





Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment