Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Deepest Sympathy

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #onstage2018   Today's card is one I made for a sympathy card swap at Stampin' Up's OnStage2018 event in Orlando.  I joined this swap because I am unfortunately always in need of sympathy cards and I never seem to have any on hand when I need one. I was hoping to get some fresh ideas for sympathy cards from other stampers who participated in the swap--and I was not disappointed. I'll share some of those cards in the coming weeks.

My card uses products from the Graceful Glass Suite on pages 164 and 165 of the annual catalog. I love all the elements in that suite--and they make such elegant cards.
I started by coloring the back side of a piece of Graceful Glass Designer Vellum. I used Light Old Olive and Light Pineapple Grove Stampin' Blends to color some of the elements. I set that aside to dry while I worked on other parts of the card. 

I used the Stamparatus to stamp the sentiment from the "Painted Glass" set onto a 3" by 4-1/4" Whisper White Panel with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I set that piece aside to dry, too. The Stamparatus made making 15 cards so quick and easy!

I used one of the Stained Glass Thinlits Dies to cut the lattice from a 2" by 4" piece of Basic Black Card Stock. The Big Shot Die Brush and Foam Pad made removing the pieces from the card stock so much easier!

When the stamped Whisper White panel was dry, I wrapped the lattice piece around the bottom--just like it was a piece of ribbon--and adhered it to the back of the card. Then I adhered this piece to a 3-1/8" by 4-3/8" Basic Black Card Stock mat.

Next, I adhered a 3-3/4" by 5" Heather Highland panel to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Whisper White mat. I then wrapped a length of Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon around before adhering the center assembly to a Gorgeous Grape Card Stock card base. 

I adhered the colored vellum to the card with four strategically place Glue Dots. I'm pleased with how elegant this card turned out. I hope the folks I swapped with like the card, too!

Tomorrow I'll be sharing a card made for a black and white swap. Come on back and see what I have in store for you!












Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25
Stamparatus
[146276]
$49.00

No comments:

Post a Comment