Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Serene Mountain Scene

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I haven't used the "Waterfront" stamp set nearly as much as I thought I would. Honestly, it intimidated me a little bit. I knew it could be used to make some beautiful scenes--just take a look through Pinterest and you'll see--but I also knew the elements, if used, um, unwisely, could create a cartoonish scene. I wasn't sure whether I could elevate the stamping to a beautiful level. I needed some help! So I turned to Pinterest for some inspiration and adapted a beautiful card I saw there. Here's my Pinterest-inspired card.

I don't know what all my anxiety was about because this card was easy-peasy to create. I started with a 3" by 4" Whisper White Card Stock panel. I stamped the mountain image, twice in Pool Party Ink. Then I added an island and trees in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and a little bit of Pool Party water. I added the sentiment from the "Colorful Seasons" stamp set in Tuxedo Black, too. I adhered this panel to a 3-1/4" by 4-1/4" Basic Black Card Stock mat.

Next, I adhered a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White Card Stock Panel to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Pool Party mat. I wrapped a length of Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon around these pieces and then adhered them to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base.

To finish the card, I added the stamped panel with Stampin' Dimensionals.

See? Wasn't that easy? I don't know what I was worried about. I should just breathe....













Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment