Friday, November 16, 2018

Pop of Color

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations  Yesterday I shared a purely black and white card that I made for a swap at Stampin' Up's OnStage Live in Orlando, Florida. The host of that swap also runs a "black and white with a pop of color" swap that I love. Black and white is elegant, but when you add a pop of color the card, well, the card pops! Take a look.

For the main image on this card, I used the "Serene Garden" stamp set. Because I was making several cards (13, to be exact), I pulled out the Stamparatus and was able to stamp the main image in no time. I used Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White Card Stock panel. I set that aside to dry--that's an important step (ask me how I know)--while I stamped the bird and flower images in Tuxedo Black onto Whisper White Card Stock.

While those images dried, I adhered the main image panel to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Basic Black Card Stock mat. I wrapped a length of Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon around these pieces and the adhered them to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base.

Next, I stamped a sentiment from the "Ribbon of Courage" stamp set in Tuxedo Black onto Whisper White Card Stock and set that aside to dry. While those images dried, I colored the bird and flowers with Light and Dark Calypso Coral Stampin' Blends. Then I cut the images out with the Garden Scene Framelits. I adhered these pieces to the main image with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Finally, I cut the sentiment pieces with an oval Stitched Shapes Framelit and cut scalloped ovals from Basic Black Card Stock with one of the Layering Ovals Framelits. I adhered the sentiment piece to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I hope you've enjoyed my recap of the Stampin' Up OnStage Live event and seeing some of my swap cards. I have one more of my swap cards to share on Monday--the one I swapped with the Creation Station Design Team members. 

Have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you again on Monday!













Product List
Stamparatus
[146276]
$49.00

No comments:

Post a Comment