Thursday, August 6, 2020

Comfort & Peace

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I love to use Stampin' Up products in surprising ways--it shows how versatile our products are! I think I've mentioned before that when I first started stamping, I would see a card in the catalog and buy everything I needed to make that one card. I never, ever thought of mixing stamp sets or items from one "suite" with another. It honestly never occurred to me, for more years than I'd like to admit. I'm still a simple, color-in-the-lines stamper, but sometimes coloring outside the lines is just the thing to let your creative juices flow. While I did not design this card, I do love all the surprising elements. We made this card as part of our make and takes for one of the Proverbial Stampers team meetings.


Surprise #1:  We embossed a 4" by 5-1/4" Soft Sea Foam Card Stock panel with the Always Argyle 3D Embossing Folder. That folder was originally part of a suite that was all about golfing--but it carried over into the current catalog and stand on its own! We used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere this panel to a Soft Sea Foam Card Stock card base.

Surprise #2:  We used the "Gorgeous Posies" stamp set that goes with the project kit of the same name--without the project kit. A literal outside the box use of this set! We stamped both elements of the posy image in Blushing Bride Ink onto Whisper White Card stock and fussy cut the elements with our Paper Snips.

We also stamped the posy's leaves in Soft Sea Foam Ink onto a 2-3/4" by 3-3/4" Whisper White Card Stock piece, onto which we also stamped a sentiment from the set in Basic Gray Ink. We adhered the posy pieces to this piece with Stampin' Dimensionals and then adhered it to a 3" by 4" Blushing Bride Card Stock piece.

Surprise #3:  We cut a Square Vellum Doily in half along the diagonal and adhered one half to the back of the Blushing Bride piece. Then we adhered that piece to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I love this Soft Sea Foam, Blushing Bride, Whisper White, Basic Gray color combo--that's a surprising combo that I wouldn't have thought of myself!

Stay healthy! Stay safe! See you tomorrow!













Product List
Paper Snips
[103579]
$10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment