Monday, September 7, 2020

Adventure Awaits!

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Whoa baby! It's been a really long time since I've blogged. I've been creating, but I haven't blogged. I think it's because I've been out of my routine since March. I was off work for nearly 3 months and I felt like I had all the time in the world to get stuff done. I started off with a bang and got lots of area of my house organized and got lots of little projects accomplished. But having all that time just stretched out before me made me think, "I can do it tomorrow. There's no hurry." So I think I got lazy. No, scratch that: I know I got lazy. I crave a routine. I hate getting up in the morning, but I need that routine to actually get me out of bed in the morning. I'm not thrilled with having to work 5 days a week, but when I'm only working a few days a week, I'm out of sorts. An endless "vacation" with no where to go and nothing to do has made me lazier than I would normally be. There is no rush to get anything done. So, I end up doing next to nothing. Fortunately, I go back to work full time in the next couple of weeks and I'll be back on my routine. I've learned to appreciate a routine.

So let's get on with the stamping, shall we? My twins, my surprise-it's-not-menopause babies, turned 21 in August. TWENTY.ONE. How did that happen? Of course I made them coordinating birthday cards. I used the same basic design, but changed the colors for each card. I used products from the World of Good Suite on pages 24 through 26 of the Annual Catalog because they're perfect for my kiddos who are the the verge of the great adventure of life and who both love to travel.

Baby Boy A's card is Just Jade and copper and Baby Girl B's card is Rococo Rose and copper.


For each card, I started with either a Just Jade or Rococo Rose Card Stock card base. I embossed a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Cinnamon Cider Card Stock panel with the Old World Paper 3D Embossing Folder and adhered it to a 4" by 5-1/4" Whisper White Card Stock mat and then onto the card base. On top of that, I added two 3" by 4" pieces of World of Good Specialty Designer Series Paper.

Next, I cut both globes (each hemisphere) from Whisper White Card Stock using the World Map Dies. Then I stamped the globe images from the "Beautiful World" stamp set in Versamark Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock. I sprinkled on White Stampin' Emboss Powder and set this with my Heat Tool. I cut out each image with the circle die from the World Map Dies.

For the die-cut globes, I squeezed ink onto the lids of the ink pads and used a Water Painter to color them in either Cinnamon Cider and Bumblebee Inks or Rococo Rose and Bumblebee Inks to match the card. For the embossed globes, I colored them with either Just Jade and Coastal Cabana Inks or Rococo Rose and Bumblebee Inks. I adhered these elements to the card with a combination of regular and Mini Stampin' Dimensionals. I also cut a striped element from Copper Foil with one of the World Map Dies and adhered this to the card with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.

I stamped the "Adventure Awaits" sentiment from the "Beautiful World" stamp set in Versamark Ink onto Cinnamon Cider Card Stock and embossed it in white. Then I fussy cut the element and adhered it to the card with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.

For a finishing touch, I added 5 Artistry Blooms Sequins to each card--these sequins go with everything!!!


Stay healthy! Stay safe!






 
Product List
Paper Snips
[103579]
$10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment