Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Halloween Owl Says Boo!

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations  Oh my gosh! When I saw the "Have a Hoot" stamp set in the August through December Mini Catalog I knew I had to have it! First of all, that set covers two major holidays: Halloween and Christmas. Second of all, it's stinkin' cute! I made this card for a swap I participated in back in August and I'm super pleased with how it turned out. What do you think?

I started by stamping the owl in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock. I cut this out with one of the Painted Labels Dies. I colored the owl with Light and Dark Smoky Slate Stampin' Blends and used a Light Crumb Cake Blend for the branch and a Light So Saffron Blend for the moon.

Next, I embossed a 3-3/4" by 5" Pumpkin Pie Card Stock panel with the Tasteful Textiles 3D Embossing Folder and adhered it to a 4" by 5-1/4" Granny Apple Green Card Stock mat that I embossed with the Absolutely Argyle 3D Embossing Folder. I wrapped a length of Black Glittered Organdy Ribbon around these pieces and then adhered them to Blackberry Bliss Card Stock card base.

I cut a "nest" with one of the Painted Label Dies from a piece of Granny Apple Green Card Stock and adhered it to the card. I adhered the owl label to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I stamped "Boo!" in Versamark Ink onto a scrap of Blackberry Bliss Card Stock, sprinkled on some White Stampin' Emboss Powder, and set it with my Heat Tool. I fussy cut the sentiment with my Paper Snips and adhered it to the card with Black Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.

To finish the card, I added some Artistry Blooms Sequins--they're my favorite! They coordinate with everything!!

Stay healthy! Stay Safe!







Product List

Paper Snips
[103579]
$10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment