Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Something Old Is New Again

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #christmas   #christmascards   It makes me so happy when a holiday set carries over into the new catalog. That means I can love on it for another year! One of my favorite sets from last year's holiday mini carried over to the Annual Catalog and that is "Perfectly Plaid." I knew I wanted to use it again this year for one of my Christmas card making sessions, but I knew I needed to freshen it up--so adding some new In Color was just the ticket!

My first try on this card was to make it with my old standby green, Old Olive. And while that was nice, I wanted a fresher look so I switched to a 2020-2022 In Color, Just Jade. It's amazing how a little change of color can freshen up a look.

I started with a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White Card Stock panel and stamped Seaside Spray "snowflakes" from the "Christmas Gleaming" stamp set (another returning fave) randomly all over. I adhered this panel to a 4" by 5-1/4" Just Jade Card Stock panel and then onto a Seaside Spray Card Stock card base.

Next, I stamped the pine trees in Just Jade Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock. One tree is stamped full strength, two trees are stamped off once. I punched these out with the coordinating Pine Tree Punch and then I stamped the trunks in Early Espresso Ink. PROTIP: Stamping the trunks after punching the trees helps you line up the trunks better.

I stamped a sentiment in Just Jade Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock and cut it out with one of the Tasteful Labels Dies. I adhered the sentiment and the trees to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. I gave the trees a bit of glimmer by brushing on some Wink of Stella.

To finish the card I added 5 Just Jade Snowflake Adhesive-Back Embellishments--another fresh idea from the current Mini Catalog!

Stay healthy! Stay safe!







Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment